staightening and having a longer hair

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
switbettie
How long have you been natural?: a year ago
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily

staightening and having a longer hair

Post by switbettie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:58 am

Please I need help on how to make my kinky hair really long and to stop it's shrinkage and still maintain its natural look. Though I have been natural since a year ago. Below is an attachment of how my hair really looks. Please help me!

Jayla
BN Forum Super Veteran
BN Forum Super Veteran
How long have you been natural?: 5 yrs relaxer free
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Armpit Length Hair

Re: staightening and having a longer hair

Post by Jayla » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm

You can try stretched styles w/out heat (ex. Twist/braid/Bantu knot/3 strand twist outs, banding, cocoon curls, airplaning and I highly recommend to stay away from heat to prevent damage), but first you should accept you shrinkage. Because of it, you can rock a twa or curly bob one day and waist length hair the next. It's what makes your curls pop. It's what makes them versatile. It's a sign of HEALTHY hair. IT'S WHAT GOD GAVE YOU! There is nothing wrong with wanting to show off a little length, but if you're doing it for the bad reason of not loving the shrunken fro that grows out of your scalp, that is another issue.
Sorry if I sound a little mean here but I wanted to remind you about self love and embracing crazy shrinkage- something that most others aren't born with and is a a beautiful rarity.
God Given Coils 'n Curls

Amanda Frisk
How long have you been natural?: 1 mth

Post by Amanda Frisk » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:28 am

I love natural oils for my hair care, example Argan, Castor and Coconut Oils.
Castor Oil: thickens hair, promotes hair growth, prevents thinning, moisturizes, helps reduce split ends, helps to tame frizz, and prevents scalp infections.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is great for preventing dandruff, promoting hair growth, moisturizing, strengthening hair, thickening hair, and preventing damage.
Argan Oi:l This rare oil is making waves in the natural hair community for its moisturizing properties. Easily absorbed and quite nourishing, this oil is great for your hair, skin, and nails too. For curly girls, argan oil helps with manageability and can also strengthen the hair. It can be pricey, but a little goes a long way.
And more: http://therighthairstyles.com/best-hair-oils/

latesthairstylezz
How long have you been natural?: yes

Post by latesthairstylezz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:10 am

switbettie wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:58 am
Please I need help on how to make my kinky hair really long and to stop it's shrinkage and still maintain its natural look. Though I have been natural since a year ago. Below is an attachment of how my hair really looks. Please help me!

Here is the best hairstyles blog , there is just an article about Latesthairstylez in 2019. Just what you need! Besides, here are also tutorials, hair care secrets and many other useful information