How to get licensed in natural hair care?

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
tiffshie
How long have you been natural?: 3 weeks
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily

How to get licensed in natural hair care?

Post by tiffshie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 am

Hello,
I have only been natural for a lil over 3 weeks but I have noticed that there are no salons in my area that care for just natural hair. I am interested in getting training and a license to do natural hair, I feel that it is a much needed service. I dont want to go for cosmetology because I am not interested in perming and other chemical processes of the hair. Are there any online courses available?

HairDivaB
How long have you been natural?: 5
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Re: How to get licensed in natural hair care?

Post by HairDivaB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 am

tiffshie wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 am
Hello,
I have only been natural for a lil over 3 weeks but I have noticed that there are no salons in my area that care for just natural hair. I am interested in getting training and a license to do natural hair, I feel that it is a much needed service. I dont want to go for cosmetology because I am not interested in perming and other chemical processes of the hair. Are there any online courses available?
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I believe you still have to go to cosmetology school. Even if it's Natural hair I believe in school they teach you all types of hairs.

Also I agree, I've seen more and more need for Natural Hair Salons.

Kthepetty1
How long have you been natural?: 10
What's your hair type?:

Post by Kthepetty1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:35 am

Hey tiffshie,

Going to cosmetology in a nut shell is to learn the sanitation requirements and theory behind hair and scalp structure and functions, chemical processes and laws and regulation. As a cosmetologist I highly recommend that if you want to be in the industry and fill the need for natural haircare and styling that you become licensed. It will help with any long term goals and offer a layer of protection.
Best wishes,
K

Prine
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Post by Prine » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:02 am

If you really want a license, you should reconsider the cosmetology school. It's the safest bet to get a license. After that, you can go into all natural branch and do what ever you wish.