Vitamin B5 (Panthenol)

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 12 years
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Vitamin B5 (Panthenol)

Post by Cientxa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:54 pm

I am happy to share my latest discovery for daily hair maintenance. Vitamin B5, which I mentioned last year in a post about a protein conditioner pack. This is the missing link for my natural hair. I knew about it. I had it in my stash, but did not use it as a daily hair aid. It helps lock in moisture all day. I am looking at pictures of my hair that I thought was moisturized before B5, and there is no comparison. Black hair craves moisture and B5 will lock it in and define your curl.
I have been finger combing for 3 years. Since I started using B5 in my daily spritzer, I am able to use a tangle teezer for the first time without excessive breakage. I have added about 3 inches of length in 4 months which is about average, but my growth was never average because of breakage. I am using a detangler to groom my hair with better results than finger combing because of the vitamin B5 .
Finger combing is a great option but one of the down sides is mini knots and tangles that occur from loose hair fall that have to be cut or torn away as your hair develops length. And heaven forbid if you skip finger combing your style for a day. You will have a mountain of regret and extra hair fall to comb the day after.
That's all behind me now since I can use a tangle teezer without breakage. I was mostly concerned about hair loss from thinning and breakage. So now I get to see some length in the bargain too.

hairbliss

Re: Vitamin B5 (Panthenol)

Post by hairbliss » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Does B5 come in multivitamins?

Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 12 years
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Post by Cientxa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:43 pm

B-5 is a powder you see it a lot in shampoo and conditioners as Panthenol. I don't think it is in multi vitamins. The other B vitamins B-6, B-12 are in vitamins.
I bought my B-5 powder a couple of years ago after watching Chicoro the "Grow It" author on YouTube. Tucked it away and re-discovered how good it is.

Fionamarvin10
How long have you been natural?: 5

Post by Fionamarvin10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 pm

thanks for the information. but I like to add up that it is not good as hair fall solution. Because i tried it but it is of no use in my case. One of my friends recommends me Regenepure Coupons . It not only solved my hair loss problem but also after using it my hair growth increases.