Hydrate From The Inside Too

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 11 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Hydrate From The Inside Too

Post by Cientxa » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:14 pm

We all should know by now that our natural hair needs water first and foremost to thrive and look good. But I would like to add from recent experience that water needs to be added to our hair AND skin from the inside too. I have always had a problem not drinking as much water as I should. I tend to wait until I feel thirsty to drink water during the course of a day and it has started to catch up with me as I get older. Just like dry hair that looks unhealthy I have noticed fine "eleven" lines on my forehead starting to deepen and look menacing regardless of facial creams. lol! I am happy to share that I have gotten into the same routine that I use for my hair and started increasing water intake. I figure it can help my hair too from the inside out as it grows.
Since I started to hydrate more my eyes tend to zero in on everyone's forehead to check their "eleven" age status. HaHa!

hairbliss

Re: Hydrate From The Inside Too

Post by hairbliss » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:57 pm

I drink 8 cups of water everyday. ( : It gets hard though somedays I don't feel thirsty but it also feels great drinking the 8 cups. I have a 32 ounce water bottle and I only have to fill it up twice

Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 11 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Post by Cientxa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:50 pm

I think we get out of the habit of drinking water because of certain restraints, like it being inconvenient to take too many "breaks" after all that water. I get into the extra water drinking, then I fall away, then go back to it. But I feel way better when I drink at least 6-8 glasses a day, that's what gets me back on track when I forget to drink.

hairbliss

Post by hairbliss » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah, it feels great having the full 8 cups.
: )