HENNA

Get real talk about coloring your hair, hair color alternatives, and maintenance tips.
Jayla
BN Forum Super Veteran
BN Forum Super Veteran
How long have you been natural?: 4 yrs post relaxer
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Mid Back Length

HENNA

Post by Jayla » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Anyone here with dark hair use henna before? This is for color purposes - not henna mixed with indigo or a henna gloss....henna. What was your process for mixing/applying the henna (including any extra ingredients you may have added). How did your color come out? How did your hair feel/how does it react differently to your natural hair routine vs. prior to henna'ing? Did your curls/kinks/coils loosen at all? What henna did you use?
If you haven't assumed this already, I really want to henna my hair. I want subtle red wine-esque tones that may not be noticeable indoors but really show in sunlight. I'm leaning towards purchasing Red Raj henna from the Henna Sooq website because I definitely want a color change and am worried other hennas with a lower lawsone content wouldn't produce a pigment that'll show on my dark hair. I've done research, but it's hard to find reviews (let alone pictures!) from multiple naturals with dark, kinky/coily natural hair. So I came here!

Thank you!
God Given Coils 'n Curls

Ariane Williams
Site Admin
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Re: HENNA

Post by Ariane Williams » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 am

I have dark brown hair and when I used Henna the results were very subtle. The results are similar to that of a Hair Rinse. That was just my experience. What I notice is the more you use any type of Hair Color natural or permanent, the more noticeable the color looks on your hair, because you are adding more layers of it to your hair most likely.
Ariane Williams
Editor in Chief
http://www.blacknaps.org