Blue magic hair food, biotin use

Get feedback on those products that you have been dying to try or give your review of products you love or those you hate.
Drconfianza
How long have you been natural?: 2 weeks

Blue magic hair food, biotin use

Post by Drconfianza » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Good day everyone, I just started my natural hair journey 2 weeks ago and had the big chop. However i ve this blue magic hair food which contain petrolatum and mineral oil. I just got to know such constituents arent ideal. Please can I continue with it still (I just got it) Please I would also love to know how biotin is used. I also used to have mild dandruffs before the chip, what natural hair product is suitable to tackle it. Thankss

Mixedbeauty
How long have you been natural?: 20 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Re: Blue magic hair food, biotin use

Post by Mixedbeauty » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 am

heyy i myself have used blue magic hair food but its not something for all natural hair only some hair types it can leave your hair sticky and can be impossible to get out sometimes but if u have great results keep using it just use less

ladee nina
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 3 years
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Post by ladee nina » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:03 pm

I stay away from products with petroleum and mineral oil simply because I don't like the greasy feel they leave on my hair and they contribute to my skin breaking out.

When using those ingredients just realize that gentle, sulfate free cleansers will not be sufficient and you will need to incorporate a clarifying shampoo more often or use shampoo that contains sulfates.

Having said all of that, if you find that blue magic hair grease works for you then continue using it.

For dandruff, I'd recommend mixing a few drops of tea tree or peppermint essential oil into your deep conditioner and applying to your scalp, making sure to rinse thoroughly.

JorieNHB
Black Naps General
Black Naps General

Post by JorieNHB » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:30 am

Hello Everyone,
I thought that it would be a fun project to put together a manual showing how I care for my natural hair, and want to make sure that it is really good.
So, I’m putting together a survey to make sure I answer any questions that normal people would have about natural hair.
So - I’ve got a question, a favor and a gift.
1st - What is your #1 question about natural hair
2nd - Would you post this question at https://thenaturalhairbible.com/hair-bible-book-optin
3rd - if you post a question you will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of the manual.
Sounds good?
Thanks
Jorie