Leave In Conditioner

Get feedback on those products that you have been dying to try or give your review of products you love or those you hate.
MsLE
How long have you been natural?: 2
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Leave In Conditioner

Post by MsLE » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 am

What is the take on using leave in conditioner in your hair when you are doing twist outs or braid outs? I had someone told me not to use leave in conditioner and I was just wondering?

Ariane Williams
Site Admin
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Re: Leave In Conditioner

Post by Ariane Williams » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 am

I don't know why they would say not to use it. Leave in conditioners are often the most underated product, but actually one of the most useful for helping your hair to retain moisture and improve manageability. If you have a good leave in go for it!
Ariane Williams
Editor in Chief
http://www.blacknaps.org

ladee nina
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 3 years
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Post by ladee nina » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:53 pm

I've found using a leave in helps maintain moisture for few days longer than if I don't use it. I prefer to use a thicker, creamier leave in on top of already damp or wet hair. I then proceed to apply oil and whatever twisting product (usually shea ir avocado butter) on top of everything else. I get two or three days of moisturized hair as opposed to having to moisturize daily without it.

JorieNHB
Black Naps General
Black Naps General

Post by JorieNHB » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:31 am

Hello Everyone,
I thought that it would be a fun project to put together a manual showing how I care for my natural hair, and want to make sure that it is really good.
So, I’m putting together a survey to make sure I answer any questions that normal people would have about natural hair.
So - I’ve got a question, a favor and a gift.
1st - What is your #1 question about natural hair
2nd - Would you post this question at https://thenaturalhairbible.com/hair-bible-book-optin
3rd - if you post a question you will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of the manual.
Sounds good?
Thanks
Jorie

GEMNaturals
How long have you been natural?: 4 years
What's your hair length?: Bra Strap Length Hair

Post by GEMNaturals » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 am

Everyone's hair is different of course, but I only use my leave-in after I deep condition. If I'm just refreshing my twist-out of what have you, I'll skip the leave-in. I haven't seen any noticeable changes when I omit using it while just refreshing a style.

I use Kinky Curly's Knot Today btw, I LOVE this product!
:D ~Stay Beautiful!~ :D
GEM Naturals

➠➠GEM Naturals YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChT4AX ... i8Cs3bqFxQ