Secretly Permed?

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
Naturallygray
How long have you been natural?: 8
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Secretly Permed?

Post by Naturallygray » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello!

I have been natural for about 8 years. I recently moved from Texas to Maryland area and have been getting my hair blown out (1/month) since Sept. by one stylist at a Dominican hair salon. I noticed a weird smell for the shampoo, but didn’t question it, a curl pattern change 4b to 3c, and the biggest ‘hmm’ moment was how long the “blow out” last even with steam, weather, etc. Since then, my past shoulder length hair has significantly broken off and some pieces are about two inches- constant breakage.

I decided to do a protective style and hope my hair stops falling out. But, I’m pretty certain this “stylist” put a perm/textlaxer in my hair and I’m SOOO depressed. I’ve been kind of moody about it. Anger, then nonchalantly dismiss that anger, and tell myself it’s whatever. But, it’s not!! I worked so hard for my natural hair to have someone who doesn’t even know how I feel about chemicals (i avoid chemicals in food, lotion, body wash, sanitary napkins- anything I can avoid without breaking my wallet too much) OR how I feel about altering my hair or its texture affect my hairstory!

Sorry for my rant, anyone else dealt with this, or know what I should do to help my poor broken hair.