Nappy hair IS beautiful.

General Naturalista talk, questions, and answers.
hairbliss
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
What's your hair length?: Bra Strap Length Hair

Nappy hair IS beautiful.

Post by hairbliss » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:00 pm

It IS. Just the way it is.

You just have to comb it out while dry & wear what you feel makes it look good! No stress, no need to even put it up or clip it. And the more we let it be the longer it would get. Here are some examples of the ones I like!!!!
Attachments
pic-two-440x440.jpg
pic-two-440x440.jpg (36.79 KiB) Viewed 87 times
ZTdue0Cbn8tLkOFqm5YAQF1Lh3jAx8AG_lg.jpg
ZTdue0Cbn8tLkOFqm5YAQF1Lh3jAx8AG_lg.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 87 times
natural-hair-growth-600x449-1.jpg
natural-hair-growth-600x449-1.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 87 times

Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 11 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Re: Nappy hair IS beautiful.

Post by Cientxa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

I love natural ethnic hair. I have been really into my natural hair the last three years trying to discover the best way to care for it without all the high maintenance that I began with 11 years ago.
The one thing I notice with these exceptional beauties is the hair is very long and the look is full of drama. However the one question that looms big in my mind with this look is, DETANGLING? That says it all. The reality of natural ethnic hair is that it is an anomaly. No other hair type loses moisture the way Type 4 ethnic hair does. When it's hydrated it becomes manageable and gorgeous. Type 4 hair will break off, knot, and appear parched, dry and dusty if it does not get the treatment it deserves. Nappy hair is UNIQUE. When it is hydrated it loses that special quality and blends right in with all the rest. My mission is to find a way to lock moisture in all day everyday and showcase Type 4 hair's versatility.