Rice Vinegar PH Hair Fixer

Post your latest hairstyles and get hairinspiration.
Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 12 years
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Rice Vinegar PH Hair Fixer

Post by Cientxa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:11 pm

I would just like to share my best natural hair fixer to date--rice vinegar. I started to use ACV rinse over a year ago and did not use it regularly because I was afraid it would dry my hair out being acid. But I saw a recipe for a natural clarifying shampoo and vinegar rinse that was touted to be mild enough to use daily. It worked great and I fell in love with vinegar as a rinse. But recently I decided to use my vinegar rinse as a spritzer to hydrate my hair daily, it's a keeper! I will never put any kind of water on my hair without
ph balancing it with vinegar. I am comb free natural and this pH fix takes my hair grooming to a whole new level. Hair strands release effortlessly and the more I use this "fix" the more memory my strands retain.
I recall about a decade ago there was something sold as a natural relaxer made with acetic acid (vinegar) that I tried but I was not natural then and it was very expensive to use for my hair length. The idea was that it would staighten curly hair over time,(and cost a small fortune)!
For my natural hair, regular vinegar is THE FIX. It gives hair enough slip to detangle and groom daily by hand. I prefer rice vinegar over ACV because it is less pungent and essential oil or fragrance oil can mask it better.

COLCANGEE
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 9 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Re: Rice Vinegar PH Hair Fixer

Post by COLCANGEE » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 pm

This is a new one to me Cientxa. Very cool :)

Colette

Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General

Post by Cientxa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:04 am

Thanks Colette!
I got so carried away with other details, I didn't mention the vinegar spritzer with gel on hard rollers gives me a temporary relaxed 'do look. No worry though, natural curl memory stays intact.

Ariane Williams
Site Admin
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Post by Ariane Williams » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:56 am

Omg, I have to try this. I have tried rice water rinses and they made my hair so soft. I do have some rice vinegar sitting in my cabinet that I am not using I have to give this a try when I do my next roller set. ;)
Ariane Williams
Editor in Chief
http://www.blacknaps.org

Cientxa
Black Naps General
Black Naps General

Post by Cientxa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 am

Hi Ariane! I hope you like the rice vinegar roll out as much as I do for a change of pace. I learned that when using vinegar LESS is more.
Typically, for a rinse I use one tablespoon vinegar per 8 ounces water. For a leave-in spritzer I can obtain a 4.5 PH lab strip reading with as little as 1/4 teaspoon vinegar!!
I shudder to think that the first time I saw a internet recipe for ACV hair rinse it was a 50 percent solution.

COLCANGEE
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 9 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Post by COLCANGEE » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:52 pm

That's good Cientxa ... about the curl memory :)