Salon styles

Post your latest hairstyles and get hairinspiration.
Mslaurahewitt80
How long have you been natural?: 7 months, transition
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Salon styles

Post by Mslaurahewitt80 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:51 am

Just wondering. I am someone that goes to the salon faithfully every two weeks. Not that I am transitioning to natural I have no idea what to get done when I go to the salon. My usual would be a silk press, but I know how unhealthy this is. Help please!!

ladee nina
Black Naps General
Black Naps General
How long have you been natural?: 3 years
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Re: Salon styles

Post by ladee nina » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Roller sets. Even when I was relaxed this was my go to style and my hair grew tremendously. Be aware that as your natural hair grows in it will take longer to dry and you probably won't have that sleek look that we were all searching for when we relaxed.

Also, it may be a good time to start learning how to do your own hair. Simple styles like braids and twists are easily done on any length hair and will allow you to get comfortable with your natural hair. Invest in small to medium sized perm rods to curl the ends of the braids or twists since the ends of your hair will still be straight until the end of your transition.

Also, ask your stylist for input on other styles she can do for you while you are transitioning that don't require direct heat. My stylist was amazing on both relaxed and natural hair and was able to create the most amazing styles.

amanah96
How long have you been natural?: 8

Re: Salon styles

Post by amanah96 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 am

which kind of hairs do you have..