Wash n Go Newbie

Post your latest hairstyles and get hairinspiration.
Jayla
BN Forum Super Veteran
BN Forum Super Veteran
How long have you been natural?: 5 yrs relaxer free
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Armpit Length Hair

Wash n Go Newbie

Post by Jayla » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:14 pm

This coming week, I want to sport my very first (TRUE) wash n go. Defined. Out. Unstreched. I've done wash n gos before, but I wasn't really aiming for defined hair and my hair was always in a puff or two. My hair is starting to get some length, so I want to try new styles that aren't my typical puff. My goal is to embrace my texture in a "down" state for once. :mrgreen:
Does anyone have any tips for me as far as method of product application and whether I should co-wash or clarify? Really, any tips would be extremely helpful. I have a head of thick, coarse 4a curls, so I'm dealing with a lot of hair (a big reason why I don't normally care to try to define every stand). I believe my hair is medium to low porosity hair, and it takes crazy amounts of time to dry, even after t-shirt drying.
Thank you!
God Given Coils 'n Curls

beautywithbrains26
BN Forum Veteran
BN Forum Veteran
How long have you been natural?: > 1 year
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Re: Wash n Go Newbie

Post by beautywithbrains26 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:51 am

Jayla wrote:This coming week, I want to sport my very first (TRUE) wash n go. Defined. Out. Unstreched. I've done wash n gos before, but I wasn't really aiming for defined hair and my hair was always in a puff or two. My hair is starting to get some length, so I want to try new styles that aren't my typical puff. My goal is to embrace my texture in a "down" state for once. :mrgreen:
Does anyone have any tips for me as far as method of product application and whether I should co-wash or clarify? Really, any tips would be extremely helpful. I have a head of thick, coarse 4a curls, so I'm dealing with a lot of hair (a big reason why I don't normally care to try to define every stand). I believe my hair is medium to low porosity hair, and it takes crazy amounts of time to dry, even after t-shirt drying.
Thank you!

I recommend using Aunt Jackies Elongating blah blah Flaxseed Gel but if you are just using any purling product you need you cover your fingers in it and then comb through sections of your hair with your fingers with with product on to ensure distribution & elongating your hair. after doing that, scrunch your hair to encourage curls. I also take it an extra step further and that the men's boar bristle brush (the one that is a n oval shape and fits in your hand) and put it at the ends and the move in a circular motion to also encourage curls.

Jayla
BN Forum Super Veteran
BN Forum Super Veteran
How long have you been natural?: 5 yrs relaxer free
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Armpit Length Hair

Post by Jayla » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:40 pm

beautywithbrains26 wrote:
Jayla wrote:This coming week, I want to sport my very first (TRUE) wash n go. Defined. Out. Unstreched. I've done wash n gos before, but I wasn't really aiming for defined hair and my hair was always in a puff or two. My hair is starting to get some length, so I want to try new styles that aren't my typical puff. My goal is to embrace my texture in a "down" state for once. :mrgreen:
Thank you!

I recommend using Aunt Jackies Elongating blah blah Flaxseed Gel but if you are just using any purling product you need you cover your fingers in it and then comb through sections of your hair with your fingers with with product on to ensure distribution & elongating your hair. after doing that, scrunch your hair to encourage curls. I also take it an extra step further and that the men's boar bristle brush (the one that is a n oval shape and fits in your hand) and put it at the ends and the move in a circular motion to also encourage curls.
Wow. I've never heard of the boar bristle trick. I might try it! Thank you!!
God Given Coils 'n Curls

amanah96
How long have you been natural?: 8

Post by amanah96 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 am

I did not get what is going on here..?