Back To Square 1 lol

Post your latest hairstyles and get hairinspiration.
beautywithbrains26
BN Forum Veteran
BN Forum Veteran
How long have you been natural?: > 1 year
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Shoulder Length Hair

Back To Square 1 lol

Post by beautywithbrains26 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:39 pm

:mrgreen: So it was a year ago yesterday that I got my last relaxer. I got my first trim since my big chop two months ago. And wow, this was a preeettyyyy big trim. She blew it out and then trimmed it but I wish I had straightened it before she trimmed it. She did a good job (it was a natural hair salon) but like wow. I had short hair before but I know my hair is shorter now!

I'd just see it puff out above my ears and now it just barely does it! I'll provide example (I look terrible in my second pic because I didn't know how to pose so I just stared at my camera  :mrgreen:)

So yeah. I'm not sad about it I mean I've had short hair the whole time :mrgreen: but I dont know I feel like it hindered my process a bit.

In the mean time, I'm learned about carrier and essential oils! I mean I knew like, yeah coconut oil, castor, jojoba, etc. and lavender and others, but I never thought of combining them. A few days ago, I have purchased my first bottle of an essential oil -- rosemary oil. I put 3 drops of the rosemary into my extra dark jbco and I love it so much! I'm into giving myself atlas 1 or 2 scalp massages a day now for my bald spot and simply because it feels so good! My bald spot is finally starting to grow, but there is like a spot in the spot that is still bald but I'm working on it! There's a spacial diet on the top of my head because of the spot but it isn't stark bald anymore -- the black of my hair is filling in (it's already curled a lot) so it isn't that obvious unless you observe it closely :) I wish I could provide photos but I'm about to go watch L.A. Hair with my mama, so bye!

Jayla
BN Forum Super Veteran
BN Forum Super Veteran
How long have you been natural?: 5 yrs relaxer free
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony
What's your hair length?: Armpit Length Hair

Re: Back To Square 1 lol

Post by Jayla » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:56 am

Heh I know how you feel. It's happened to me like 2 or 3 times do far. But that just motivates me and my hair to grow thicker and faster!
One to I can give you is to wait out at least 3 or 4 months before your next trim (even longer if you can unless you have some serious split ends going on for some reason). I wait out four months (which is around the time my mom calls for a trim, otherwise I'd aim for 6 months) before my hair is blown out and trimmed and even though I get more hair trimmed than needed, I don't go back to square one. I at least have an inch for keeps.
Also, try to find a salon that trims curly hair unless you want a blowout at the time. That's what I'm trying to do right now because I really prefer wearing my hair in its natural hair, especially since it's not like mid-back length, which is what I want to wait til before I put any more heat in my hair.
Lol I've seen a few episodes of L.A. Hair and Cutting in the ATL with my mom. Some of those people are crazy!!!
God Given Coils 'n Curls