Beyond Frustrated

Post your latest hairstyles and get hairinspiration.
CoachPat
How long have you been natural?: Been natural
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

Beyond Frustrated

Post by CoachPat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm

So I've been natural for over two years now. I transitioned and during that time, I honestly thought and felt like that would be the hardest part (getting thru those straight ends and being careful at that line of demarcation..), but that in hindsight seemed a lot easier. I know I need to focus right now more on health of my hair than length, but I can't help but think what am I doing wrong that after two years, I'm still barely shoulder length. I see SOOO many naturals that track their progress and their hair is much longer after the same amount of time (or sometimes even less). I'm 4c... and I'm definitely the kinky Afro girl. I try different products and perhaps part of my issue is that I don't stick with one line of products or one type for any length of time. I workout a lot and I do sweat in my hair, and I'm not even sure I am doing the best for or with my hair while I exceecise. Any thoughts/tips/advice you can give would be truly appreciated. Thanks..

jayhair
How long have you been natural?: 2 years
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily

Re: Beyond Frustrated

Post by jayhair » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:15 am

Hi. You are going through exactly what I am going through too. I also transitioned and have gone natural for two years as well but I dont even have shoulder length hair. I have neck length at best. My hair is also 4C and the texture is quite hard. I also change my products as well but it's because I have not found the one! Styling my hair is pretty frustating. Since I dont have the time nor skill to do it myself, I visit natural hair salons and they can be pretty expensive. So I wear wigs a lot or braid - crotchet braids inclusive. I rarely carry my natural hair as a result. What can I do better because I have decided that 2018 is the year I solve my hair problems or go back to relaxing it. Any thoughts?

Ariane Williams
Site Admin
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Re: Beyond Frustrated

Post by Ariane Williams » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Do you protective style? Also how do you detangle your hair?

With kinky coily hair types a big cause of breakage is manipulation of the hair.
Ariane Williams
Editor in Chief
http://www.blacknaps.org