My hair story

Introduce yourself to the Black Naps community. Share your hair story, your questions, your struggles, let it all out here!

Moderator: Ariane Williams

beautiful1
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

My hair story

Post by beautiful1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello my name is Raynell Watkins fondly known as rayray sometimes, I have medium length 3c hair and I have been natural for a little over 10 years. I recently tried to strip my hair of a really bad color and made things even worse and I should have known better being a licensed cosmetologist, (don't judge me), but anyway, the product I used turned my hair orange, so I then tried to tone that down with a dark brown color (my hair is originally black), it worked a little. I then went to work on getting my thick curls back and it has been a very slow process and I lost a lot of hair (not length but thickness). If there is anyone out there that can give me some sound advice on how to get my hair back healthy, please do :D Well that is my story, thank you for allowing me to share! Oh by the way I am a 60 year old women with a 25 year old spirit, I've been told several times that I do not look my age.