I NEED HELP ASAP

Introduce yourself to the Black Naps community. Share your hair story, your questions, your struggles, let it all out here!

Moderator: Ariane Williams

ilovecats12
How long have you been natural?: 9 months
What's your hair length?: Medium Length Hair

I NEED HELP ASAP

Post by ilovecats12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am

Hello, i’m 16 and around 9 i started getting relaxers, around 10 i stopped and would just go to a hair dresser for a press and curl twice a month. i always had “long” hair for a black girl as black girls would tell me. it was about shoulder length and healthy. Around 14 i got SEVERE heat damage and 9 months ago i made a spontaneous decision to cut off all the heat damage and go natural, leaving me with really really short hair. I have no idea what i’m doing and i’m really uneducated, i’m still natural but i have really bad breakage because all i know how to do is a slick ponytail, and i have heat damage (not as bad as it was before) in the front because of a sewin. i am SICK of my hair, twist outs, braid outs etc don’t work because of the heat damage so i’ve resulted to braided protective styles which result in me spending lots of money i really don’t have. I’m really sad because i thought going natural would help my hair but i’ve hurt it more than ever. Now i’m considering ditching this “natural” phase and getting a relaxer, cutting off the bad breakage and rocking a short bob or cute pixie cut. Please help me i need advice, as dumb as this sounds natural hair is not for me and for the first time in my life my hair is my biggest insecurity.