Does the product love your hair but hate your face?

Introduce yourself to the Black Naps community. Share your hair story, your questions, your struggles, let it all out here!

Moderator: Ariane Williams

Sdavi
How long have you been natural?: 3 years
What's your hair type?: 3C - Curly Hair
What's your hair length?: Bra Strap Length Hair

Does the product love your hair but hate your face?

Post by Sdavi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:55 pm

So, I wouldn't call myself a product junkie by any means. But I'm always on the hunt for a product that can outdue the last. I guess what I'm saying is that, I'm always looking for that perfect product! Maybe I'm kidding myself and the "perfect" product doesn't exist. But when I watch the YouTube videos and read the online forums of my fellow naturals they're always raving about how their hair LOVED a product! Now don't get me wrong, I've come across some good products but nothing that my hair loved...except one. What I like in a product is 5 keys and if a product can't deliver then its back to the store, end of story. 1 moisture, 2 curl definition, 3 softness (absolutely no crunch EVER😔) 4 movement and lastly staying power (it lasts and doesn't have to be reapplied too often). Ladies...I know...I'm asking for a lot with those 5 keys but guess what? At least 4 out of 5 ain't bad! And I've had four out of five. So what's the problem you ask? The problem is that I recently found a product that does all five with a great smell and price to boot, but this product did not like my skin!😭😭😭 Acne, bumps, puberty all over again! This product did everything and within a day of application my face broke out and remained that way until it was completely washed out of my hair. Granted, I do have sensitive skin yet it doesn't matter if the product contains natural ingredients or not, some ingredients even oils just dont agree with me. Apparently this awesome product was in that group. After treating my skin with the old acne meds to no avail sadly, I ceased using the product to truly tend to my complexion. But what would you have done? Have any of you naturals out there had a similar experience? Would you sacrifice acne for great hair or would have made the same choice that I did?

P.S. I'm not dissing this product by any means. If anything I'm giving it much props for delivering on my 5 keys. So, for those of you who have similar product requirements and tougher skin😜 I urge you to try it. It was a delight on my hair!
The mane choice:Daily Moisturizer & Sealing Cream.