New Transitions

Introduce yourself to the Black Naps community. Share your hair story, your questions, your struggles, let it all out here!

Moderator: Ariane Williams

ljburnette
How long have you been natural?: Transitioning
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily
What's your hair length?: Armpit Length Hair

New Transitions

Post by ljburnette » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 pm

I haven't had a relaxer since May 27, 2017. At that time, I wasn't thinking natural. I was thinking I have no money! But the further away I got from relaxer time, the more I wondered if I could do it. My 9 year old daughter inspired me. She's natural, but she likes to wear her hair straight. I saw that you could get hair straight without chemicals. My concern, though, was having to do a big chop. I'm not a huge fan of short hair for me. I started going to a new stylist, who is natural, and she educated me a lot about going natural. She shared that you could grow out a relaxer without a big chop. She educated me on doing straight styles without a ton of heat (great for my daughter). So I decided to go natural! It's tough styling two textures of hair, and I'm learning how my hair behaves. What I love is my curl pattern! I love washing my hair and seeing the waves and coils. I can't wait till all of it is that texture!