Questions About My Daughters Hair

Introduce yourself to the Black Naps community. Share your hair story, your questions, your struggles, let it all out here!

Moderator: Ariane Williams

Laina
How long have you been natural?: 7 Years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Questions About My Daughters Hair

Post by Laina » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:20 am

Hey everyone. I'm Laina and I am biracial (black and white).. I have a 10 year old daughter (her dad is black).. My Hair is real thick, curly and soft as for her dad his hair is thick, short and "rough" textured.. Well she gets her dad's hair and the older she HATES her hair. Also when she turned 3 years old her paternal Grandmother took her to get a hair texturizer on her hair (Which i had no idea about I was PISSED) a few months after that I started noticing hair breakage. She always tells me she wishes she had my hair.. im always like sweetie nobody is perfect and my hair aint the best nor will it ever be also tell her all the time to embrace her beauty no matter what you are BEAUTIFUL but I understand how she feelSo my question is what products could i use to get her hair growing? I used wild hair growth oil about a year ago.. I noticed growth but more thickening. Her hair is already very thick we just want growth.. Sorry for the paragraph LOL I'm just trying to give every detail. Thank You & God Bless !