Teenie weenie afro

This forum is dedicated to ladies with short and tapered styles. Get advice for styling and maintenance here.
Chriss
How long have you been natural?: 1 year
What's your hair type?: 4C - Kinky Coily

Re: Teenie weenie afro

Post by Chriss » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Omg the struggle is for real! I started going natural 10/2013. Finally got a nice size afro! Went to the barbershop to get a little afro trim, cus my son goes there and he's rockin an afro. The guy cut like at least 2inches off, I was like dang. So now I'm starting over. I'm having ttrouble stretching my hair so I have an afro!! Any suggestions?

Chriss
How long have you been natural?: 1 year

Post by Chriss » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Here's what has helped me Sundays shampoo with clarifying shampoo and condition, then I apply coconut oil while my hair is wet and Cantu curling cream and curl activator. Midday I spritz with my water mixture, evening I spritz with water mixture braid and go to sleep. Monday wet hair and condition, coconut oil then do the Cantu, spritz with mixture twice a day. Tuesday same as Monday. Wednesday I co wash and condition, coconut oil Cantu combo, spritz twice a day. Thursday same as Tuesday. Friday shampoo and condition coconut oil Cantu combo spritz twice a day. Saturday same as Tuesday! My water mixture is water Jamaican black castor oil and motions daily nourish and care! And I try to braid it up every night! Sorry for the book but it works for me!

cillacil
How long have you been natural?: 6 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Post by cillacil » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:43 am

Have you tried the Maximum Hydration Method? It is specifically designed with 4c naturals in mind. It is a process to get the hair to absorb and retain moisture. It really works.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/08/th ... t-for-you/
http://maxhydrationmethod.com/
http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/

kanidoit2
How long have you been natural?: 10 years

Post by kanidoit2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:45 pm

svaughns wrote:Hi, I feel your pain. I found that the old school products work for me. I use Care Free Curl activator Lite, S Curl No Drip spray. As far as new products my hair responds well to the Dark and Lovely products in the green container. Don't give up! !
I find that the old school products work best for me too. I use Care Free Curl Gold as a moisturizer, coconut oil as a sealant (on wash days) and I mix olive oil and Eco-Styler gel to make a creamy pudding. I wore a brush cut for about 9 years and have been growing it out for almost a year now. I have a great barber that keeps my sides and back tapered. I have about 4-5 inches on top that I palm roll to give definition to my 4C hair. I love to wash and go. I don't mind the shrinkage at all. I have thin hair so the shrinkage actually makes it look fuller. I just recently started using Repair Me by Curl Junkie as a monthly protein treatment and my hair loves this stuff. I would definitely recommend a protein treatment to balance the moisturizing. You need both moisture and protein to promote growth. I use Shea Moisture products for regular shampooing and conditioning and I usually shampoo every 5 days. Please don't give up. It takes trial and error to find what works best for your hair but I promise you'll find your combination. Hang in there. God Bless! ;)

LotusRN72
How long have you been natural?: 15 years natural
What's your hair type?:

Post by LotusRN72 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:07 pm

:mrgreen: Hey Ya'll,
I used to have bald spots due to stress and a past life that was horrendous, Chile'!!! With all of the pain and anguish gone, I finally have Peace. ( Amen)!!! I have my TWA and am being patient. I really don't dig "curl typing" so I just do what my hair loves. Currently use a light leave-in an olive oil moisturiser and coconut oil and, since my hair is 1 month from being shaved for the last time, care is easy breezy. I look forward to my Journey.....

Ingabire denise
How long have you been natural?: considering going na

Hello I need help Iam considering going natural and I live

Post by Ingabire denise » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:41 am

Thanks teenie weenie for sharing am stranded don't know which steps to follow as am considering going natural with my 3months growth, wondering which products to use as my skin is sensitive with products I tend to develop pimples whenever I try to apply something in my hair
And yet I live in a very hot country were by you sweat until the inside under wear becomes wet, please I need help

Ingabire denise
How long have you been natural?: considering going na

Weenie kindly can you write to me all the steps to follow

Post by Ingabire denise » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:52 am

How do I start after chopping off my permed hair? What steps I shld follow? Thanks teenie

naturalinaromeo
How long have you been natural?: 3 months

Post by naturalinaromeo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi. Please don't go back to a perm. Try this method that I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDYbCW_RC4

transitionerbychoice
How long have you been natural?: transitioning

Post by transitionerbychoice » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:08 am

can someone please help me decide whether to get a twa. i am 13 and am scared ill look like a boy

Ariane Williams
Site Admin
How long have you been natural?: 10 years
What's your hair type?: 4B - Kinky Cottony

Post by Ariane Williams » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 pm

transitionerbychoice wrote:can someone please help me decide whether to get a twa. i am 13 and am scared ill look like a boy
I would strongly you encourage that you do not do something that you are not ready for. However, if you do come to the decision that you want to go for the big chop I can assure you, you will not look like a boy. Our sister website has tons of inspiration to show you, you can look just as beautiful with short tresses, see: http://shortnaturalhairstyle.com. If you would rather transition see this page as a guide:http://blacknaps.org/how-to-transition- ... -big-chop/
Ariane Williams
Editor in Chief
http://www.blacknaps.org